Shopping around for car insurance can save you on average $368 a year. And while this might not seem like much, it does give you more to spend on other things, such as clothing, food, and entertainment. Many experts recommend you shop around in order to decrease your premiums about once year, though 36% of drivers, or about 1 in 3, never shop around for car insurance quotes.
So, what exactly can you buy with $368 instead of spending it on car insurance?
10 things you can buy with what you save on car insurance
The money you can save on car insurance allows you to spend it on other items that you want. This ranges from clothing to food to the latest video game consoles. The following info details some of the more common items you can by using what you save from switching car insurance:
1. Shoes. The average cost of a pair of sneakers runs around $55 for men and $47 for women. That means, for what you can save on average for car insurance each year, you can buy six pairs of men’s sneakers and seven pairs of women’s shoes.
2. Pizza. For what you can save on car insurance per year on average, you can order about 73 Little Caesar’s Hot and Ready medium-size pizzas. That equals out to 584 slices of pizza, or 146 slices of pizza per person for a family of four.
3. Night at the movies. With the average price of a night at the movies costing around $18 for two, you can see about 20 movies a year for what you can save on average for car insurance per year. If you go to an early show, you can see 26 movies for the same price.
4. McDonald’s. Ordering a McDonald’s ice cream cone costs $1.00. This means that you can order almost 368 for the same amount you can save on average on car insurance per year.
5. Music CD. Imagine all of the music you could buy for what you can save on average for car insurance per year. With an average cost of $10 per CD, you could buy 36 CDs each year with the savings.
6. Xbox One. For the ultimate in entertainment, you could consider getting an Xbox One with your savings on car insurance. You could buy an Xbox One bundled with a 1 terabyte hard drive and a game, plus an extra game, for the price of what you can save on average on car insurance per year.
7. Starbuck’s Coffee. A large Starbuck’s coffee cost around $4.50. This means that for the amount you can save on average on car insurance per year, you can order 77 large Starbuck drinks.
8. Video game CD. The average price of a video game CD for one the many gaming consoles available runs about $60. Using the money that you can save on average on car insurance per year, you can buy around six games a year.
9. Chia pet. Chia pets come in a variety of different styles, costing anywhere from $14 to $20. Depending on the cost, you can buy around 18 to 26 chia pets for the same price as what you can save on car insurance per year on average.
10. Pack of gum. The price of a pack of gum runs anywhere from $.75 to around $1.25. That means you could buy around 294 to 497 packs of gum for the same price as what you could save on car insurance on average.
As you can see, saving money on your car insurance allows you to spend it on fun items instead. When shopping for car insurance, it pays to find more affordable insurance so that you can spend your money on the items you want.